Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: collecting my reward  (Read 664 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
collecting my reward
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:03:16 pm »

or lack of reward

Ive just slain my first dragon (twas good fun).They send out alot of fire fortuantly my three accomplases managed to take that for me allowing me to get in close and axe the blighter.

Im now trying to relocate the dwarf queen that gave me the task. Ive been right the way round the 3 level fortress four times and searched the outside too. No sign of her, and when i talk to the dwarves some of them tell me to get quests off a different person.

Ive had this problem with goblin/demons too (i was supprised you could work for them as a dwarf). Ive got about 3 quests where ive slain the beast but cannot collect.

Does anyone have a good strategy for finding their quest givers. Is there anywhere i can wait like in the inn for humans? DO quest givers often go off on voyages or get killed to avoid giving you thanks?

any suggestions or tales would be welcome
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: collecting my reward
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:07:51 pm »

What? Quest with rewards? Preposterous!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 03:37:12 pm »

Dude, you let the dwarven ruler live? Kill her and take your rightful place as ruler of [insert silly dwarven civilization name here]!

drawf_irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:27:39 am »

Try taking quests from demon rulers of goblin towers. They tend to stay within a single tower of the site, which is more manageable to navigate than a whole NPC dwarf fort. They also seem to give good quests, though I dunno if that's coincidence.