Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Epic Battles  (Read 2137 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Battles
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 11:04:23 pm »

I built a fortress that went down in an epic battle, and then visited as an adventurer in an epic adventure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 11:29:41 pm »

Oh do tell, do tell.

drawf_irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 12:26:19 am »

My current elf girl has so far had several epic fights. The latest one I'm struggling to fight right now because it's the most astonishing chasm attack I've ever seen. It started or rather was in progress the moment I unsettled her. A massive three way fight between the goblins (and me saving their asses), the chasm horde and regular wildlife is taking place. My speed 1515 elf is taking like one move every two seconds and every single turn results in [MORE] tags even after killing at least two dozen of these guys. Every time I press a button, something, somewhere is getting some part of itself chopped off by my =two handed sword=. I'm cutting through endless hordes and I can't seem to go fast enough to even make it to the first fortress. The demon leading the goblins is fucked off somewhere. There's a mountain goat right now taking on a ton of opponents at once too. I've finished off one group of trogs and am working on some antmen. Now a gremlin's getting involved. It's a stunning scene and rather difficult to describe. I wish my record function worked. :o

EDIT 1: I've just hit Tired again. About 15 antmen converging on me.
2: And now I've cut my way into Tower 1. The goat's been brought down. So have all the antmen. It's really annoying because they have so many parts. This whole field is covered in ichor and a's.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:38:41 am by drawf_irons »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 03:46:45 am »

Perhaps it was just epic luck or perhaps epic skill but one fight stands out. It wasn't the difficulty but the shear awesomeness that made it so epic. It began when I was surrounded by 4 guards of various weapon skills. They all attacked me at once and not only did I manage to dodge every blow but I counterattacked and killed each and every one of them. I'm still not sure how it happened but it was awesome.

Pages: 1 [2]