Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: New 40k Mod  (Read 4371 times)

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New 40k Mod
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2009, 05:35:18 pm »

Adamantine should be usable, although we might want to tweak the stats a little. I'm not sure exactly what role it plays in 40k, but yeah, it seems to be a pretty common metal.

Cultists are a good idea. The chaos in my mod are pretty much Chaos Space Marines, and I was thinking about making a "Lost And The Damned" civ that was non-playable but would siege with all sorts of nasty daemons.

As for threads, I'm not sure what's best to do. It would be nice to have one thread for discussion and downloading. Whoever creates the new thread would be responsible for keeping the first post updated with a link to the latest version.

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2009, 05:38:46 pm »

Ah, that's a shame. You could still have Bio-Titans, though: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-Titan

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2009, 05:39:57 pm »

So what do you have so far?

And if you dont use it already, use Lexicanum. Nice 40k website.

On Bio Titans:Meh. Not this version. Next one, so we can have it shoot

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2009, 05:42:57 pm »

I like the idea of adding in the daemons, but
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like this idea, but

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 05:44:48 pm »

So what do you have so far?

And if you dont use it already, use Lexicanum. Nice 40k website.

On Bio Titans:Meh. Not this version. Next one, so we can have it shoot

I'll send you a PM with some of my ideas I've been working on. I'd like to keep them sorta secret until the release is ready  ;D (more fun that way)

And yeah, Lexicanum is pretty good. I also have a bunch of Eldar codexes that I've been reading up on.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2009, 05:56:22 pm »

I like the idea of adding in the daemons, but

I like this idea, but
Yes, that is EXACTLY what happens when you make a metal deep-it's the only reason adamantium is around the HFS in the first place. So if you make something deep, you'll get it around the pits. Wraithbone around HFS makes sense though, actually-maybe the Eldar tried to seal up a webway gate. The stuff is about as strong as adamantium from what I understand, so it's not like it's not up to the job. And there's LOTS of lost stuff on Imperial worlds, back from the Dark Age of Technology and whatnot.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2009, 05:59:24 pm »

My question is, would they all be mixed together, or would each HFS be made from a different material? I guess testing is required to figure that out. Also, I use [DEEP] for materials that should never really show up on their own, such as intermediate metals in smelter reactions (in order to avoid having 10,000,000 pound "metallic" objects show up)

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2009, 06:07:24 pm »

Hmm, well, I do believe that the mention from the LL mod said that it would have been celestrium instead of adamantine if celestrium was present-so probably all just one, although you would have to test it. By the way, the intermediate metals might conceivably be exported from one world/forge world to another, if one forge world lacks the resources to produce it or is just starting out and for some reason or another, it needs to start pumping out whatever the intermediate metal is needed for RIGHT NOW. That, or some administratum drone makes a spelling mistake when ordering the requisitions filled out :P. They've lost entire worlds from TAX RETURN ERRORS, after all. The Imperium is probably the least efficient entity in 40k, bar none (An exception might be made for the Astartes, however).
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Faenaris

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2009, 04:19:30 am »

... The Imperium is probably the least efficient entity in 40k, bar none (An exception might be made for the Astartes, however).

The Astartes only have to worry about one thousand warriors (except for the Black Templars and Space Wolves, although I'm not too sure about the latter) and a couple of thousand of serfs and support personel. The Imperium has billions upon billions of souls to keep track off. Losing a few worlds because of tax return errors is just a drop in the bucket. Only when whole sector/segments get annihilated will the Administratum begin to notice. And even then. The Hive fleets were rampaging for quite some time before the IG was finally sent to keep it in check (well, more like trying to keep it in check). So, if the Astartes were as efficient as the Administratum, humanity would meet its end even faster in Warhammer 40K. :)

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2009, 12:53:59 am »

A few worlds getting eaten by nids is no problem, but if you are thinking about leaving the Imperium they will notice you even tho you have not been in contact for thousands of years. :)
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]