Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven Guild Representatives  (Read 804 times)

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elven Guild Representatives
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:56:57 pm »

How rare are these guys? I don't think I've ever seen them before, and then now I get asked what I want them to bring me.

This seems overpowered a little bit, as now I am arranging breeding pairs of giants; jaguars, panthers, desert scorpions [Stay away from the archery ranges!], and... Well, foxes. For my Foxlogik Engine. It's like a kitten logic engine for deciding the fate of prisoners of war. :)
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Guild Representatives
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 03:06:20 pm »

Are you on Vanilla?

The only thing the elves ever do diplomatically for me is call me a butcher for cutting down 0 trees.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 03:07:17 pm »

Do a quick check of your entity file and make sure that the elves don't have [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] anywhere in there.

If you don't, then I don't know what happened.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:09:00 pm »

Do a quick check of your entity file and make sure that the elves don't have [MERCHANT_NOBILITY] anywhere in there.

If you don't, then I don't know what happened.

You mean in entity_default? Under forest -> elf? No such thing. I'm using vanilla, except for a few tweaks I made myself. And none to this file.

Are you on Vanilla?

The only thing the elves ever do diplomatically for me is call me a butcher for cutting down 0 trees.

I've clearcut entire forests and never gotten that message. :<
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 04:35:07 pm »

I went for 11 or 13 years before I got the elven tree-diplomat.

Then I got the baron and the next spring the diplomat started showing up.

Maybe there's a connection?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 04:59:55 pm »

Diplomats will only appear and speak to a baron/duke/count (I'm not sure if it has to be a level of royalty).

A guild representative is odd.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.