Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mining Out Veins of Ore  (Read 1480 times)

Krisnack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Out Veins of Ore
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 09:36:40 pm »

I mine it out if mining it wouldn't interfere with my architecture, wait for my dwarves to start moving it to my ore stockpile closer to my workshops, then smelt it.

Nothing makes me rage more than when I think 'Oh, I'll use this place here for X' and as soon as I break the wall there's this scattered patchwork of little bits of valuable ores and gems. :(
Same here. It's especially bad most of a huge throneroom mined out and you hit a gem cluster. Even more so when my own personal philosophy is to leave no ore, gem, or rare stone unmined.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 10:29:04 pm »

You think the dwarves mind having an asymmetrical room design when there's ore to be had? Just go with it. Incorporate the windings into your room design, if possible.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 11:15:10 pm »

Why mine veins when you can just mine everything?
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.
Pages: 1 [2]