Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cyclops' Defense Mechanism  (Read 927 times)

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cyclops' Defense Mechanism
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:37:22 pm »

After already polishing off two cyclops with ease, my human pikeman arrives to slay a 3rd. As we seek his cave on the mountainside, I am upset to see a spam of Giant passes out to pain etc. I don't like beating easy cyclopses! I was certainly surprised.
I find the entrance to cave is THREE Z levels below any point I can walk to. I leap into the air and tumble to the ground, breaking both legs with brown wounds to most of my other body. My drunks wait near the top (shouldn't drunks jump in!?! Cowards!). I drag myself around the cave, searching for the cyclops, but I am moving very slowly. I [T]ravel away, and come back perfectly healthy. I leap in again. This time, things are even worse. I break just about every bone in my body, crush my lungs or my throat or something and remain winded for about 30 tiles before suffocating.
Anyways, turns out that injured cyclops found a pretty great hiding spot as it destroyed my experienced pikeman.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclops' Defense Mechanism
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 01:03:27 am »

That's why you throw swords, axes, spears, and rusty picks on the ground to cushion your fall.

At least you won't break bones.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:05:43 am »

really, wait for a passing naked mole dog and aim for that.

firecrystal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:10:06 am »

I really miss multiple z-level cliffs. Now, what's supposed to be a mountain looks more like a very barren hill.
Firecrystal cancels Engrave Signature: Interrupted by cliche.
I'm fond of the time the whole inside of the world melted and fell into the center of the world.