Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CCS Combat  (Read 1151 times)

BoltsFogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CCS Combat
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:26:00 pm »

Right now I'm in the midst of doing my very first raid on a CCS headquarters. For the record they're mostly hicks, yokels, etc but they also have some mercs, vets, and hardened vets. I am assaulting it with 4 agents with high levels in rifles and shotguns, and 2 soldiers which are crappy of course but their armor is nice, and I'm opting to leave my leader out of the raid.

How do I know when I've cleared them out and it's time to leave? Is it when a massive response is imminent? When everyone dies valiantly blasting conservatives? Or after killing an X number of conservatives?

Also, it seems I am condemned to have it become a violent action over the papers, even if I try and get it done anonymously. My future goals for CCS raids next time is to recruit mercs, rob them of their weapons and body armor, send them on a suicide attack, and then recruit agents and outfit them in body armor and weapons as they have high weapon skills (Highest I've seen so far is 11 in shotguns.) because man, when they get hit they go down fast. I'm also considering a high level medical guy to tag along because I saw one of my people bring a guy out from red 'NEARDETH' to white 'NEARDETH', so I'm guessing with high first aid they can heal on the field. Any tips from experienced CCS siegers will help greatly. Thanks in advance.

PS: Is there any penalty in robbing mercs of their gear and then just sending them off to die in an anonymous attack on the police station or something?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:29:33 pm by BoltsFogs »
he cave river is overflowing.
Momuz Udibast cancels sleep:dangerous terrain.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: CCS Combat
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:01:32 pm »

One fight after massive response, and the safehouse is yours.

The death of followers causes their superior to sometimes lose juice.

I'd suggest a medic, 'cause the safehouse raid is basically a slugging match.

Wait till the CCS attacks a few times, and the tolerance for political violence goes up, then you hit 'em!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:03:45 pm »

Does attacks on the CCS safehouse actually cause newspaper articles? There is no issue associated with CCS safehouses...but then again, there are no issues associated with drug dens, and in past versions, the newspapers would report about LCS break-ins.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 09:08:57 pm »

Does attacks on the CCS safehouse actually cause newspaper articles? There is no issue associated with CCS safehouses...but then again, there are no issues associated with drug dens, and in past versions, the newspapers would report about LCS break-ins.
For crimes, issues don't trigger the story, the crimes do.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 09:09:30 pm »

Make sense.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 05:46:15 am »

Medics are ESSENTIAL.

If you can, build up some disposable income, get someone who's good at first aid, and have them train everyone in first aid (street survival). Having a six man squad, all of which know first aid to some degree, MASSIVELY improves survivability and combat efficiency.

There's a percentage chance per liberal (excepting the wounded liberal) per wounded person of stopping the bleeding from a wound. The percentage chance fluctuates depending on how good they are at First Aid. Even the crappiest First Aid giver has a chance to stabilize someone who's Near Death and bleeding out. So with five liberals all of which know First Aid to some extent, you get five seperate chances per turn to stop the bleeding regardless of what you're doing.

Such is my understanding anyway.

You will suffer MUCH less manpower loss due to wounds with at least one (preferably at least two) medics in your squad. Being able to stabilize wounds means that liberals can keep fighting for far longer than they would be able to normally, and even when unable to fire due to being too wounded, they can still get away and recover back at base. (Oh, no more long trips to the hospital either - just have someone tend to them back at base!)
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!