Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New clothes  (Read 464 times)

uttaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The living will envy the dead
    • View Profile
New clothes
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:10:21 pm »

Is it possible to make dwarfs change there clothes? At the moment all my dwarves are running around in rages while i have a stockpile full of spider silk clothes, so is it possible to force my dwarves to put on sometyhing respectable?

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New clothes
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:52:40 pm »

Once the dwarven economy kicks in, they'll start wanting new clothes and you'll have to set up shops.

Before that, I'm really not sure...you could try dumping their clothes from their inventory and see what happens.  Aside from that, I'm not sure you can force anything.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 02:00:59 pm »

I had a bunch of people running around in XX clothing. I also had the biggest shopping complex I'd ever set up- over 15 shops, all of which were owned and stocked by someone or other. And yet, even though this guy had over 2000 money, he never changed any of his clothes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:03:23 pm »

What if you decide to turn off the dwarven economy, will they still change clothes then?

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »

I had a bunch of people running around in XX clothing. I also had the biggest shopping complex I'd ever set up- over 15 shops, all of which were owned and stocked by someone or other. And yet, even though this guy had over 2000 money, he never changed any of his clothes.

Are you sure those shops were stocked with clothes?  As near as I know, dwarves pick what they want to sell.

What if you decide to turn off the dwarven economy, will they still change clothes then?

Interesting question.  Let us know.  Like I said, if you dump their clothes from their inventory, they might go find new ones to wear, honestly never tried it.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 02:41:24 pm »

I think I found your problem:

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 02:46:12 pm »

that made me laugh out loud :O happens rarely on the internetz
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.