Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a good map  (Read 451 times)

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a good map
« on: June 08, 2009, 11:23:23 pm »

My thriving civilization hit a snag after I eradicated the trees and there isn't an coal  :-\  So I'm looking for a new challenge.

Spent most of the night making maps but the only things with magma pipes to spawn were pretty much otherwise uninhabitable.  Does anyone have some good maps with magma, some interesting creatures and otherwise inhabitable?

On a related note, I had one that looked good.  The first time I cranked it up for a look, its a ridge with a chasm in the middle, and frozen forest on both sides, it had a magma pipe and all sorts of chasm creatures, looked fun.  I saved a copy of that save file and then abandoned out to send in a good team.  Problem is, every time I've tried to restart it (whether with a custom or default), it crashes DF.  Just hangs up.  I'm guessing its because they were trying to drop me on a random tiny peak as big as the starting wagon.  Anyone have anything similar happen?

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a good map
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:26:41 am »

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:35:41 pm »

Sounds interesting, I'll try it out.

Any comments on the map crashing thing?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 07:34:40 pm »

On a related note, I had one that looked good.  The first time I cranked it up for a look, its a ridge with a chasm in the middle, and frozen forest on both sides, it had a magma pipe and all sorts of chasm creatures, looked fun.  I saved a copy of that save file and then abandoned out to send in a good team.  Problem is, every time I've tried to restart it (whether with a custom or default), it crashes DF.  Just hangs up.  I'm guessing its because they were trying to drop me on a random tiny peak as big as the starting wagon.  Anyone have anything similar happen?

You could export the world-gen information from legends mode and use that to regenerate the world.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.