Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchants leaving and giving me everything  (Read 422 times)

lorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Merchants leaving and giving me everything
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:15:50 am »

Okay, this is by far the weirdest thing I have ever seen on DF. Some merchants came, waited about a day, and then left down the brook without a warning or anything. The best part- they left ALL their goods at the depot. Why did this happen?

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants leaving and giving me everything
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:19:47 am »

Could you give some more detailed info on this? =)
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

lorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:21:21 am »

One thing that I think might have caused it is that I had two depots. The merchants on the oxen went to one, and the caravan went to another. While they were there, I began deconstructing the first depot, and then all of them left and I had this enormous amount of loot.
Edit: On the creature list I see "Larch Wagon" as deceased.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:31:52 am by lorf »

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 01:24:53 am »

Unfortunately, they'll remember that they left with less wealth than they came in with, and will bring less stuff next time, so this is functionally equivalent to just seizing their entire stock.

Deconstructing depots will cause traders to leave. Having two depots is pretty much never a good idea.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels