Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armoks new Cloths  (Read 629 times)

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armoks new Cloths
« on: June 05, 2009, 04:42:28 pm »

Is it possible to smelter in new kinds of thread?  Specifically I am thinking SPUN_GLASS and possibly SPUN_GOLD (hey, Rumplestilskin can do it, right?).  I know you can take Adamantine and turn it into thread, but from what I understand (haven't tried finding HFS yet), this is just a step in making bars.  I want to make clothing out of glass and metal.

My first attempt was foiled, as I couldn't find any tag like [ITEM_CLOTH]. so I couldn't finish my smelter reaction.

[REACTION:IRON_CLOTH]
[NAME:make Iron cloth]
[SMELTER]
[[REAGENT:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:ITEM_CLOTH:METAL:IRON]
[FUEL]

(after doing:
[MATGLOSS_STONE:HEMATITE]
   [NAME:hematite][COLOR:4:7:0][TILE:139]
   [ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:VEIN:100]
   [ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE:VEIN:100]
   [ITEM_SYMBOL:'*']
   [METAL_ORE:IRON:100]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:5100]
   [THREAD_METAL:IRON:100]
   [VALUE:8]
)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Armoks new Cloths
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 04:47:57 pm »

Thread is woven into cloth at the loom.  However, I think for that to work at all the metal needs to have the [ANY_USE] tag that HFS metal does.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:32:03 pm »

But, can you use that cloth to make anything?  I have made some custom metal cloth now, but I only get silk and plat fiber in my clothier menu.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 09:29:59 pm »

Metal cloth is worked at the forge.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 12:33:13 pm »

Ah, thanks...
As a side note, don't you hate it when you mod in new cloth types because you want to create the biggest clothing producing fort ever... and find (after you don't bring an anvil) that the only neighbors are orcs, orcs, orcs, and kobolds...  Quickly turned into 7 dwarves (only 1 male) against the world, without an anvil - and now I find out that metal cloth needs an anvil.
DOH!