Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The city of love...  (Read 1358 times)

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The city of love...
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:18:57 am »

So, I just found found a city that had probably 8 times more children then anyone else, I went at night and there was about 10 children in each bed with 2 parents, there were only 4 or 5 guards and one spearmaster, there was also a merchant princess and a merchant baron...

After everyone woke up, everyone ran into the tavern where I went and there was 1 guard, the spearmaster, and about 50 children who all died in one hit...

would that be normal??
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: The city of love...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:47:14 am »

About as normal as anything else in this crazy game.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:59:54 am »

About as normal as anything else in this crazy game.
Quoted for truth.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 05:33:26 am »

It is indeed normal, because random events influence this sort of thing. It could be lots of people lived there, had astonishingly virile sex and moved on.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 02:23:39 am »

lol, I just noticed that this was the world I stopped at the beginning of worldgen so I could play a spirit of fire quicker...

its just that the leaders and shopkeepers got spawned without a "birthdate" and everyone else who has a birthdate are all children....

and I killed three quarters of them
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 02:27:20 am »

I'd say 'welcome to the dark side' but this is Dwarf Fortress. It doesn't have a light side to begin with.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 08:32:50 am »

Welcome to the not-as-dark-as-the-Dark-Side-but-still-very-dark side?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 01:46:25 pm »

Really folks, there arn't any 'sides' in Dwarf Fortress. At least none with the pretense of being good or evil.

Theres only REALLY two sides. The Dwarf side, and 'every other species set up for genocide and massive abusive expliotation'.

And if you need an outline for what I mean by exploitation, just look at that thread about breeding mermaids and killing their children for their bones.

And by genocide, just look at EVERY SINGLE FORT EVER CREATED THAT HAD ACCESS TO MAGMA.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 03:05:33 pm »

Really folks, there arn't any 'sides' in Dwarf Fortress. At least none with the pretense of being good or evil.

Theres only REALLY two sides. The Dwarf side, and 'every other species set up for genocide and massive abusive expliotation'.

And if you need an outline for what I mean by exploitation, just look at that thread about breeding mermaids and killing their children for their bones.

And by genocide, just look at EVERY SINGLE FORT EVER CREATED THAT HAD ACCESS TO MAGMA.
How true...

One word:
Boatmurdered.