Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cats can't work  (Read 614 times)

BunnyMind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cats can't work
« on: June 06, 2009, 03:32:56 pm »

Apparently my cats keep attempting to store something in some stockpile and it's returning an error that they can't do it due to some injury. For a while, it was fine, but as the number of cats in my fortress grows, so does the frequency of the error messages, and it's spamming more important messages off of the screen.

Is there any way to tell them to stop trying to do whatever it is they're trying to do? I've looked in preferences, but the labor option isn't there for them; what's more, none of them are actually wounded in any way.
Oh, and they all have owners, so I don't think butchering them is going to be an option

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cats can't work
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 03:35:06 pm »

The reason is they're trying to pick up something but don't have hands to do it!  People go into the creature files and edit the cat's mouth part to have the grasper tag...or something...check the wiki, I've never done it but I know that's the fix.

BunnyMind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 03:40:47 pm »

The reason is they're trying to pick up something but don't have hands to do it!  People go into the creature files and edit the cat's mouth part to have the grasper tag...or something...check the wiki, I've never done it but I know that's the fix.
Oh, thanks.

Will I have to generate a new world after applying this?

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:44:33 pm »

no, it shouldn't.

BunnyMind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 03:48:02 pm »

Awesome.

Thanks again for the help!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 05:41:46 pm »

Stickied topic in Bug Reports all about this already :\
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 08:07:23 pm »

Alternative option: Slaughter the little sods.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.