Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Well this is just fucking great.  (Read 5327 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Well this is just fucking great.
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2009, 01:33:52 pm »

Eat your broccoli and you will grow up to be big and strong, like the LEGO Company or Wal-mart.  Except Wal-Mart is evil.  Scratch that part.

Wal-Mart does not keep much of a stock of LEGO sets at its stores because they can't get them from China cheap (after the lead paint fiasco LEGO got out of there, for awhile at least).  You know, it seems like LEGO has been more popular since the toy recall.  I've seen more kids on the LEGO aisle lately.

I'm calling bullshit. I've sucked on a lot of lego bricks as a kid and I'm not dead yet.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 04:19:21 pm »

Eat your broccoli and you will grow up to be big and strong, like the LEGO Company or Wal-mart.  Except Wal-Mart is evil.  Scratch that part.

Wal-Mart does not keep much of a stock of LEGO sets at its stores because they can't get them from China cheap (after the lead paint fiasco LEGO got out of there, for awhile at least).  You know, it seems like LEGO has been more popular since the toy recall.  I've seen more kids on the LEGO aisle lately.

I'm calling bullshit. I've sucked on a lot of lego bricks as a kid and I'm not dead yet.
Um.  What does that have to do with it?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2009, 06:13:38 am »

Lead is toxic? LEGO has been painted with lead based paint? I sucked on LEGO bricks and I'm not dead? LEGO painted with lead must be bullshit then?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2009, 06:36:50 am »

I thought lead didn't kill you (in small doses) it just affected your brain chemistry and made you stupider or something.  If it did kill you then the Romans probably would of killed themselves off.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2009, 06:56:21 am »

Stupider eh? Well then according to that logic, if I hadn't sucked on them I'd be a genius.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2009, 08:47:58 am »

The little minifigures have some paint.  But all the lead paint was coming from China, very recently.  Within the past couple of years.   Plus, LEGO has plenty of other factories.

It's just that everyone shops at Wal-mart in America.  Since they got 85% of their merchandise from China . . . well, you can guess why it was such a big issue in America.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:49:39 am by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2009, 02:42:35 pm »

Oh then. Well I guess odds are my LEGOs weren't poisoned.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2009, 10:14:01 pm »

Yanlin would be the -second- person I've ever known to actually use the word 'guro' in somewhat everyday conversation.

Who was the first?

Okenido.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]