Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Last stand zone  (Read 465 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
Last stand zone
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:58:17 am »

Ive searched and looked at a number of suggestions for no go area designations and safe zones. Id like to suggest another.

Last stand zone. If your fortress is breached id like to be able to recall all my dwarfs to on preset area or hall (which would be well defended) for a last stand.

All this would need is a 'last stand' zone designation, and an order on the order menu which said either - all dwarfs to last stand zone - soldiers to last stand zone - non soldiers to last stand zone. just incase u did or didnt want your military to fall back too. When this order was given all dwarfs would immediatly drop what they were doing and take the shortest route to the nearest zone.

I could then either fight from here or retract the bridge
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last stand zone
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:13:06 am »

Safe zones have been suggested before, along with lever-based alarm systems and the like. I don't know if any of them involved zone designations, though.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels