Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Self-Sacrifice  (Read 692 times)

wallish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Self-Sacrifice
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:42:10 pm »

Not sure if it's been suggested before, but I'd really like to see dwarves sacrifice themselves to save others they care about.  I mean things like Urist McDwarf pushing pushing another dwarf out of the way of the oncoming Imp fireball to save the other dwarf's life.

I'd like to see dwarves go on (intentionally) suicidal rushes towards the enemy that is heading towards the group of civilians.  I'd like to see a dwarf rush into oncoming water to pull that floodgate lever that is flooding the fortress, knowing that he'll die.  I want to see the sheriff take a sword hit for the baron.

Because just think of how unbelievably awesome the stories that would come out of that could be!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Self-Sacrifice
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:46:05 pm »

It would be great if people did something related to their profession, if possible.  Military dwarf with fairly good shield use would use that in the event of a fire imp, for example.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
Re: Self-Sacrifice
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 09:11:54 pm »

What would be fun? Having a legendary wrestledwarf take a lethal blow from a marksgoblin to protect a noble.

Case. In. Point. WE MUST HAVE IT! IF ONLY TO MAKE NOBLES MORE HATED AND THEREFORE MORE FUN!
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.