Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Pipes and You  (Read 8614 times)

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pipes and You
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2009, 04:17:34 pm »

It should be noted that dwarves do have more options than humans and the like: they have underground rivers and underground lakes to work with. They can dig tunnels to hostile terrain like deserts, so they won't suffer from the heat, or they won't suffer from the cold and the traffic impediments in the remote mountains. Dwarves digging an aquaduct/canal along a tunnel on the worldmap shouldn't be impossible. It should require a sufficient effort, though, so it's only done for very rich areas.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 06:45:13 pm »

And maybe toady implements cistern-tiles which work like the ponds.

I think there shouldnt be just one pipe per tile. It would be pretty neat if we could get say twenty pipes going throught one tile with multiple valves and overpresure-valves and alike (which are connected?). 

On the other hand the number would have to be limited somehow.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 06:56:29 pm »

Multiple sizes of pipe would be nice. Square filling pipes, and pipes that just slow traffic, and little tiny pipes that are barely even there, maybe laid on a wall like an engraving sort of thing.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]