Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Latest Mayday mod keeps crashing. Also, Reveal doesn't work with latest version.  (Read 777 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I have no idea whether its the area size or something else, but the Mayday graphics mod keeps crashing on me. No idea why its crashing at all, and this is the latest version. I didn't have problems with version 16. Does anybody have the old version? The dwarves do seem to be moving a whole bunch faster, if that has anything to do with it.

Oh yea, the reveal utility doesn't work with the latest version of this mod, it did with the other one.

Edit: nm on what I asked, I was able to grab the older version off of Mayday's site.

Edit2: After looking at the differences, the dwarves in the newer version were ALOT faster, I think this might have had something to do with it. The crashes seemed to happen when things got particularily crowded and the pathing tangled itself up.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 04:46:53 pm by smjjames »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile

Regarding reveal: what version number does DF report at the menu screen?  And what version number is at the top of reveal's memory.ini file?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Version 16 of Mayday's graphic mod is .40d and the folder for version 17 of the same is .40d11 and it says on Maydays site. The version text for Reveal's memory.ini file says DWARF_FORTRESS=0x009845D4. Not sure what version that is though.

The reveal mod works just fine with version 16 of that mod, I think version 17 is bugged somehow since I was crashing a few times and there is no consistent link, other than the fact that the dwarves were at warp speed.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile

Yes, since the version of DF changed, you need to update reveal to a compatible version.  There's one for .40d11 on the Dwarf Fortress File Depot, in Utilities.

.40d11 hasn't been reported as having crash bugs like you're seeing.  Do you get any sort of reports when DF crashes?  If it reports a Module, we can figure out if it is DF crashing or something else like video drivers.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I was just getting a message that DF has stopped responding and needs to close, didn't get any kind of error message.

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where on mayday's site can you get older versions? All i can find is hit latest (40d11) version.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart

http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/ ;)

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, DFG18 is already up :P
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:05:40 am by Mike Mayday »
<3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, cool, I'll check it out and see if it doesn't crash on me or anything.

Also, I really like the new graphics for the dwarves in the newer version. I had a taste of it in version 17 before it went all wierd on me.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:29:48 am by smjjames »

loopoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had the same problems.

1) The Dwarves are MUCH faster because the Default FPS Cap is at 100, rather than the Original (v16) 60 FPS.

2) You crash at the start because it's weird. Run it in Windowed mode and it works like a charm. Just position it so it fits your screen perfectly.

That should sort all your problems out.