Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can anyone confirm that Fat/Tallow is hard coded?  (Read 611 times)

Valkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can anyone confirm that Fat/Tallow is hard coded?
« on: May 27, 2009, 10:29:07 am »

While working on a mod, it seems I can't produce fat/tallow of a specific animal.

[PRODUCT:100:3:GLOB:NO_SUBTYPE:FAT:ELK]

If the material is not set to FAT or RENDERED_FAT, a glob is produced.  Having creature names inserted instead of no_matgloss doesn't trigger any errors in the log however. 

Numerous attempts at alternate arrangements and use of ELK_FAT and FAT_ELK have not produced the desired results.

I would think Toady would have set the Fat/Tallow flag as the subtype, not the material, but experiments do not show as such.

Can anyone confirm that it is impossible to reaction specific animal fats under this version?

On a tangent, what's the correct way to write the following reagents:

[REAGENT:1:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:LEATHER:NO_MATGLOSS]
[REAGENT:1:CLOTH:NO_SUBTYPE:ANY:NO_MATGLOSS]

Any leather will work for the first no, but using the "any" tag for matgloss creates an error. 

For the second, I'd prefer if it would be specifically plant based cloth.  Cloth, Any, and None all produce errors in the log when used for Material.

For the most part, they work, but I'd rather have the reactions written properly.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone confirm that Fat/Tallow is hard coded?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:48:21 pm »

After having a play around with the tags, I couldn't get it to produce specific fat either. The unnamed fat is still treated like normal fat however.

[REAGENT:1:GLOB:NO_SUBTYPE:RENDERED_FAT:ANY] is a reagent tag that works for me, so it's not the syntax which is wrong.

[REAGENT:1:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:LEATHER:NO_MATGLOSS] is fine

[REAGENT:1:CLOTH:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT:NO_MATGLOSS] will require just plant fibre cloth. I tested this myself and it works like a charm.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 02:12:40 am »

the fat is coded into the animal. If you want to make elk fat you have to butcher elks.

I don't think he finished the mat tags for  because the animals literally make their own, and none of the traders bring it.
give up now on pure elk fat, lest ye wait a long time.

Valkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 11:19:51 am »

Thanks, it wasn't really a critical issue but would have been a nice touch.  The plant tag worked like a charm, however.

I think I'm just going to have to live with a bunch of error messages spitting out every time its run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 03:24:55 pm »

I remember someone coded to turn bones and meat into reactions. So it may be just a GLOB issue, I will try to look into it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository