Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DARWIN WAS A NAZI!!!  (Read 3707 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DARWIN WAS A NAZI!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 08:13:21 pm »

It would be the same amount in an ideal system, but no systems, at least no known systems, are ideal.
!!&!!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 08:30:27 pm »

It would be the same amount in an ideal system, but no systems, at least no known systems, are ideal.
Huh?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 08:52:24 pm »

In a can:

This guy is reaming on a particular 'translation' of the Bible which by stroke of fate/luck/carp was made a standard holy book of the Germans.  The Lutheran version...

Creationists, are blaming Darwin and evolution for the Nazis.

And so, this guy argues that the true fault comes from what the German people believed to be the word of... God, the Lutheran Bible.

Honestly, it sounds more plausible then the stupidity and ignorance these creationists come up with...  Though, I guess they fit to gain the appeal of the equally ignorant...

Maybe I should I pick this Lutheran version of the Bible... might be an interesting read.  See how screwed this Luther guy was in the head...  see how this influenced the Germans to hate the Jews...  Unless this guy here is talking out of his arse...  I'll have to curse him for wasting my time then.
If I ever get back to my reading groove...  got a lot of books piled up and waiting to be read...

>.> Unrelated... But... I consider it pure bull that Jews get extra tax exemptions in the US... cause of the Nazis/Holocaust...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 10:50:42 pm »

Chaos is merely a term to describe a function that behaves unpredictably--i.e., with no discernible pattern. These functions are all over the universe: look at the placement of the stars, for example. Inherently unpredictable.

Entropy can be thought of as chaos, but it's more like the potential for chaos. Entropy increasing is simply a system increasing the possible number of states. The fact that we think of it as increasing chaos is simply because highly ordered systems have very low numbers of possible states, by definition.

Also, entropy shouldn't be thought of as a force, but more like the negative of a potential. (Note: It's not that, but that'll get you pretty close.)

Ampersand is technically correct, certain processes can be done without a change in entropy. Generally, however, these aren't useful, so we don't use them. However, I think he's referring to the third law of thermodynamics? In which case, I'd have to go wha? with the rest of you.

I'm a creationist. Old or new earth doesn't matter to me. Please don't make blanket generalizations about how creationists are stupid.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 01:39:09 am »

What I was stating is quite simply that, because there exists friction and radiation and all that good stuff, the entropy gained on one end of the system will always be greater than entropy lost on the other, every single time. It's the reason for time's arrow. It was in response to the post before it, which doesn't make the ALWAYS point clear.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]