Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's the most decadent thing you've done?  (Read 2162 times)

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
Re: What's the most decadent thing you've done?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 01:05:59 pm »

Did I mention that he's blind?

But he can feel and taste them, and the quality.

"Hey, Urist, where's the boss?"
"He's in his chambers.. appreciating.. his statues."
"Ew..."
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 01:24:25 pm »

The resonance of the adamantine in the statues can be heard by any dwarf for miles.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 02:20:17 pm »

Did I mention that he's blind?

The only thing that would make this story awesomer would be if he had been blinded by a goblin's jewel-encrusted weapon.
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 04:33:32 pm »

The most decadent thing I've ever done in Dwarf Fortress is try to make the dwarves' living conditions on par with an apartment building in modern-day America. I know, I pamper them. ::)

A goblin's jewel-encrusted spear? How about a goblin pimp slapping his eyes out? 8)
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 10:35:19 am »

I've mentioned The Well before.. 

I dug the well room into a pocket of olivine, smoothed, and engraved.  The bucket was of gold, crusted with honey opals, citrines, and chrysoprases.  The rope was electrum, the mechanism was serpentine, and the well itself was of olivine.  I have no idea how much it was worth, but it triggered a 30-migrant wave (causing the fortress to starve to death...)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 02:34:59 pm »

I like to build castles and houses.
I frequently build extravagant mock-human towns. No-one lives there, nothing happens, but I build them a prettily as I can.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 03:00:27 pm »

I like to build castles and houses.
I frequently build extravagant mock-human towns. No-one lives there, nothing happens, but I build them a prettily as I can.

you have to capture a human and make him live in the village, surrounded by dwarfs pretending to be humans.  take away all their names and make them call each other by number.  the human prisoner can be number six.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 05:25:18 pm »

I never get far enough in fortresses to make anything awesome, but there was this one time I carved a massive pipe system spanning whole z-levels, several screens across, from a brook on the oppisite side of the map, just for a measly 2-tile waterfall in a mining corridor.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 05:39:32 pm »

I've mentioned The Well before.. 

I dug the well room into a pocket of olivine, smoothed, and engraved and menacing with spikes of olivine.  The bucket was of gold with images of gold on it, crusted with honey opals, citrines, and chrysoprases, and menacing with gold spikes.  The rope was electrum and menacing with electrum spikes, the mechanism was serpentine and menacing with serpentine spikes, and the well itself was of olivine menacing with olivine spikes.  I have no idea how much it was worth, but it triggered a 30-migrant wave (causing the fortress to starve to death...)
Fixed. After all, its not dwarven until it menaces.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 05:44:47 pm »

you have to capture a human and make him live in the village, surrounded by dwarfs pretending to be humans.  take away all their names and make them call each other by number.  the human prisoner can be number six.

Yes. Very yes. Then you can start slowly breaking down the human's sanity as he tries to escape and/or outwit you.

For me? A road from the edge of the map to my trade depot, paved with gold and steel and surrounded by gold statues on steel pillars.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 [2]