Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Mod/Tileset??  (Read 493 times)

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What Mod/Tileset??
« on: May 24, 2009, 01:24:55 pm »

So I havent played this in a while but my friend started playing again, and I cant wait for the next update so Im gonna start playin again too. Just curious what mods were really fun nowadays and what tilesets are popular? I had used Maydays but might be looking for more creatures and such, I like having gladiator pits.

Any suggestions?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: What Mod/Tileset??
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:02:20 am »

I personally use Impaler's metals, Molten Rocks, and a little bit of a lot of other things.

Rysith's Orcs is pretty good too, but I'm not a fan of sieges.

Otherwise, I mostly just use my own stuff.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: What Mod/Tileset??
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:58:47 am »

The list is here:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=28829.0

I can comment on my mods (Fallout Mod is a total conversion, pretty fun, and it has a graphic set preinstalled; Dwarf Fortress Complete features new subraces for humans, with every race using unique items, and also it adds a lot of stuff as new creatures (ghosts, vampires, various beasts, magical creatures etc.) and entities as civilized lizardmen and bandits, and it has a graphic set preinstalled).

From other mods, if you want "vanilla with something more competitive", play Orcs mod.

If you want to go even further and my DFCP is not enough in terms of "unique races", Civilization Forge mod is pretty nice.
The mod "Legendary Lands" adds a lot of stuff and competition too.

There's a zombie mod which does what it says...

You really have to try everything popular, there're too many good things to tell :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository