Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble in charge of personnel  (Read 461 times)

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noble in charge of personnel
« on: May 22, 2009, 09:53:11 pm »

We have a record keeper. How about a noble who goes person to person to figure out how good they are at a given stat? It would be adjustable like the record keeper, to say how diligently they would keep track.  You'd go to a page (probably under the 'Z') menu, select a job, and it would list all the dwarves who have that skill, and to what level.

I made a python script for dwarf companion in windows to give me this output, but I think it would be very appropriate to be internal to the game.

Edit: It should probably use the 'record keeper' job for this duty, and it would be user assignable just like the current record keeper.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:56:19 pm by Brian »

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble in charge of personnel
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:54:19 pm »

I figured someone must have thought of this before, I just couldn't find it on that page that's supposed to have everything on it.

One big pet peeve is that right now 90% of nobles are useless. I want to feel the need to satisfy their stupid demands, but I just don't right now.  :-(

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Noble in charge of personnel
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:22:04 pm »

Yeah, nobles are currently pretty boring.  One of the goals for the next version is to set up a framework for more interesting nobles, and also begin to make some use of that framework.  There's been some recent details in the dev log.