Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making Dragons breedable?  (Read 758 times)

Kumagoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making Dragons breedable?
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:37:14 am »

I've been messing around with the "DIG DEEPER" raws, and managed to create a domestic dragon. Obviously I didn't want them too OP and basically they're about the strenght of a dog.

I just wondered, I added [CHILD] and [CHILDNAME] tokens to it and it appeared to breed normally like cats or dogs

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What can I make to make the "real" dragons still behave like megabeasts, but make them breed? I assume that the [MEGABEAST] token disables breeding, right?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Making Dragons breedable?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:18:36 am »

I imagine the child tags would work normally on megabeasts as normal creatures.  But they're almost never in a position where they can breed anyway.  The only chance they'll get of breeding is if you got 2 dragon megabeasts locked up and they just happened to be a male and a female.  Worldgen is unlikely as I have never seen more than 1 dragon at a single site.

I'm not 100% certain the child tags would work with the megabeast tag.  But it's kinda hard to test.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

CptFastbreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:11:25 am »

Maybe you could test the other way around: Generating a world, embarking on a site with a lot of animals that can breed, and then add the MEGABEAST tag to them and see if they still do it.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 06:59:36 pm »

I imagine the child tags would work normally on megabeasts as normal creatures.  But they're almost never in a position where they can breed anyway.  The only chance they'll get of breeding is if you got 2 dragon megabeasts locked up and they just happened to be a male and a female.  Worldgen is unlikely as I have never seen more than 1 dragon at a single site.

I'm not 100% certain the child tags would work with the megabeast tag.  But it's kinda hard to test.

I'm 99% it doesn't.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 08:05:56 pm »

child tags work fine with the megabeast tag, or at least did in the past: i've bred dragons before after capturing two. They just don't breed during worldgen.

If you want more megabeasts, try adding [SEMIMEGABEAST] to their entry. This will make them spawn both as megabeasts and as semimegabeasts. Of course they still won't breed, but there will be more of them at least.