Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A king's ransom  (Read 1103 times)

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
A king's ransom
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:17:30 am »

Many of you might remeber a tread i posted about a week ago concerning an early king. The stutation was remedied by my king non the less.

The issue for those who don't know was that i got a adamantine king in the second year of my fortress.

My king, due to horrible state of his room went insane. One of my hammer dwarves attempted to remedy the issue of a rampaging naked king, by hitting him over the head with an iron war hammer. The king was KO'd and feel onto a cage trap, which was loaded.

The king's cage was first placed in this throne/bedroom to make it royal, which it did. But when the elven traders arrived i could not resist, I traded my king to the elves (his value was 40,000 money), for most of their caravan.

So end of story king's ransom = 40,000 I wonder if they will bring him back i requested cages.
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A king's ransom
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:34:31 am »

LOL.

For.. most of their caravan you say? How much is worth 40000?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:36:36 am »

40K is roughly enough for two steel warhammers, I think.

Of course, elves don't bring expensive stuff like that, so... about 1000 cloth bins?

Also, why didn't you just post in the old thread?

Also: obligatory Emperor's New Clothes reference.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 09:37:16 am »

a crap load of cloth (about 5 barrels), a shit load of to large for me wooden weapons, and a bunch of elven booze, the trader made a massive profit from it so he was happy.

That wasn't my tread...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:39:03 am by Lord_Shadow »
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 10:31:01 pm »

Best thing ever. I'm probably going to go through hundreds of kings trying to recreate that amazing chain of events.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:37:39 pm »

Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:28:58 am »

Was he naked? Or was he wearing all of his clothes? Because that might have influenced the price. Did he return afterwards? What was/is going on in the civ-screen? Could you supply us with more details please? Pretty please?
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 11:42:51 am »

I envision the standard for noble rooms now being designed with a field of cage traps and a collapsable ceiling. Dwarven architecture makes another grand leap forward.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 01:59:11 pm »

I lol'ed. Good story! Thanks for sharing it.  :D

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 04:22:16 pm »

I envision the standard for noble rooms now being designed with a field of cage traps and a collapsable ceiling. Dwarven architecture makes another grand leap forward.

Noble McAnnoying: "Why does my ceiling consist of only one tile?"
Dwarfy McArchitect: "It's for erm... Light! Yes, light, that'll do..."
Noble McAnnoying: "Oh, and on your way out, would you compliment the mechanic on these beautiful cage traps? And the blacksmith for these wonderful cages?"
Dwarfy McArchitect: "Sure, why not. Oh hey, I just received word that this lever needs pulling, but it's got your name on it. Could you please wait until I'm out of the room? I er... don't like pulled levers. Yeah, that's it..."
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.