Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: huntable and butcherable, etc  (Read 1861 times)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: huntable and butcherable, etc
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 05:06:57 am »

You cannot make corpses to be itemcorpses.
Basically what you've described makes no sense. By all means this would spawn another creature, and spawned creatures are considered vermin so no butchering for you.
Currently itemcorpse is underdeveloped. It allows you to create (as in smelter) a single item and replace the corpse with it.

Looks like I'll have to forget about that after all.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 05:08:00 am »

Actually I've just edited my previous post so you can try the solution with the smelter.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 05:15:11 am »

Actually I've just edited my previous post so you can try the solution with the smelter.

That's a bit too gamey for me, but thanks a lot for sharing that.

I've come to the conclusion that all this butchering gobs business is more trouble than it's worth, especially since I've gotten a graphics problem now which seems to have been related to the corpse modification I tried to implement.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 04:49:15 pm »

I think its possible to spawn creatures with a reaction as done in a smelter, so if doing so you can probably spawn a creature from a corpse, which uses the same terminology as a reaction product.

Then is it possible to create a creature that will spawn dead? For example, no lungs or no brain? Or maybe make it so that normal room temperature is lethal to the creature?

Alas I don't have much free time to play DF anymore, so I can't really test this out.  :(
Pages: 1 [2]