Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Nobody want's to come with me :(  (Read 5060 times)

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody want's to come with me :(
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 06:07:59 am »

It's crazy, not a single human of dwarf has ever decided to come with me, either. I guess drunks were removed (well, I've certainly never seen one, even though I always hear about "recruiting" them) and no one bothers to come along.

Except for one occasion: I was travelling along the map and found a few migrants. They were goblins. I asked one of the girls there, would you like to join me? And she happily joined my now two-sized party. Not a minute later I greeted the closest migrant group, hoping to score more goblins.

Unfortunately, they were dwarves. And one of them was a champion. The next few seconds included a lot of limbs and a lot of blood. Alas, the poor goblin was no more. Funny how I'm at peace with the goblins, but the other dwarves aren't..

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 07:35:18 am »

as myself and laurien have said, its much easier to find companions when you visit groups of people who are not happy with the place they are in. destroyed towns, ruins, and clumps of migrants are your best bet if absolutely nobody wants to come with you. the children you get in goblin forts will allways join you as well, although they tend to die rather easily.

i once managed to recruit the last few survivors from the place i started in which according to legands had been zerged by the elves for a few hundred years. there were 5 people in the whole place that i could find and they all came with me. that probably made the town stop being a town.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 03:33:15 pm »

I can always get loads of dwarves from my starting place, as long as they don't think they're better than me.

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 02:43:56 pm »

If I want companions, I create an adventurer, retire in the nearest town, then create a few more, retire them in the same town. Then restart as the original and recruit all of the others. They always agree to join up. They can even be of different races if you actually find the idea of elves and dwarves together interesting (:-X)
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 02:59:26 pm »

If I want companions, I create an adventurer, retire in the nearest town, then create a few more, retire them in the same town. Then restart as the original and recruit all of the others. They always agree to join up. They can even be of different races if you actually find the idea of elves and dwarves together interesting (:-X)

Finally we have peace. Elves and dwarves working together towards a common goal.

HOW SICKENING!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 03:05:40 pm »

I think that is just the sun, actually.  8)
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 2 [3]