Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: icons not working with "duplicate" gobbos  (Read 451 times)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
icons not working with "duplicate" gobbos
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:13:05 am »

I've made a couple duplicates, so to speak, of goblins, so that I could get more sieges and the like. I've essentially copied and pasted the goblin entries in the creatures and entity files, only changing the index numbers of said entries so they would be recognized as being separate.

It does partially work in that I'll get 4 gob civs on my world map (also, genning takes longer). My graphics, however, are broken by this. I'm using Mayday's tile set which normally replaces most creatures' tiles with sprites, so I should have pictures of little gobbos running around, right? What do I get the first time they ambush me? A bunch of letter "g" tiles, just as in the default tile set.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: icons not working with "duplicate" gobbos
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:22:44 am »

Sorry mate, I'm not very good with modding so can't help you there. My guess is the races are somehow NOT treated as gobbos- check their names and try to modify the graphics index files to match them.
<3

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:55:05 am »

Sorry mate, I'm not very good with modding so can't help you there. My guess is the races are somehow NOT treated as gobbos- check their names and try to modify the graphics index files to match them.

That makes sense. In fact, it's so obvious that I'm embarrassed that I even busted your balls about this.

My "duplicate" gobs are named goblin2 through goblin4. It makes sense that your graphics set might not recognize them as gobbos.

EDIT: Made duplicate tile_pages named goblins2 through 4 while adding the appropriate numbers under creature_graphics. If you think that won't work, feel free to correct me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:00:37 am by assimilateur »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:03:46 am »

Assuming the duplicate goblins aren't actually any different from normal goblins you're better off just duplicating the Evil entity and having them all use Goblins.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:16:49 am »

Assuming the duplicate goblins aren't actually any different from normal goblins you're better off just duplicating the Evil entity and having them all use Goblins.

That's what I did as well. Not knowing what exactly I was doing, I did something like this:

- goblins 1 through 4 in creatures_standard
- evil 1 through 4 in entity_default connected to goblins 1 through 4
- goblins 1 through 4 in graphics_mayday.

I didn't know that I apparently could save myself the first step. We'll see how it goes, because I haven't had any ambushes since the last one with the broken icons.