Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (f)orce task in workshop  (Read 640 times)

bz-mof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(f)orce task in workshop
« on: May 18, 2009, 06:25:06 am »

Although a more intelligent manager or Standing production orders would make this redundant, this could be quite easy to implement:
a new option for workshop, the (f)orce task option.

This means, that this task is not deleted from the orders list when a dwarf cancels it, so that it will be finished when the precondition are met.
A (f) + (r) task will survive forever, thus helping to dye all cloth ever produced forever, to produce infinite bone bolts, to keep you smelter smelting etc.

If this (f)orced task is canceled by a dwarf, it could be put at the last position of the production orders of this workshop that other tasks will be done, too. There should be no warning (on announce some job cancellations), when this is done.

As an addition, there could be a warning like "<task> has not been done for one month"..

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
Re: (f)orce task in workshop
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:04:28 pm »

I think it would make more sense to just update the job manager or the repeat command, and roll that functionality into it.  The biggest issue I have with the job manager is that it doesn't allow me to segregate my stonecrafter and woodcrafter shops.  And of course, the ability to make standing orders.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 07:55:17 pm »

A (what color hasn't been used? Green for Go, Red for Stop, Blue for Again, Yellow? Purple? Orange?) something. Needs a color and a symbol.  I can't think of anything right now, it just needs to happen for this to get serious.

update job manager.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:23:18 pm »

I like the idea of being able to schedule a persistent task that won't get canceled, ever. This gets my vote.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:24:13 pm »

I think Orange would be a good color.  What symbol... Maybe infinity?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned