Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DAMN YOU FISHY BASTARDS  (Read 1305 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: DAMN YOU FISHY BASTARDS
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 01:44:09 am »

Yes.

And they could walk on land.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 01:55:33 am »

So, yeah, just [esc] [up arrow] [enter] [enter]? aka abandon. lol
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 01:57:50 am »

Obviously.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 02:00:12 am »

Do you know how to make a custom monster (just like a standard horse or something) want to seek out and destroy all dwarven kind? Cause I wanted to be in constant onslaught of the terrors I made, but they just mill about being stupid. I haven't even been able to fight one, it's like they run away.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 02:02:39 am »

I'm not exactly sure how, but you can get a pretty hostile race by modding rysith's orcs.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 02:04:50 am »

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to use that orc mod after all.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 02:06:11 am »

I should get the orc mod and rename them carpmen...

Chaos ensues.

I'd have make them amphibious.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 02:11:18 am »

haha, yeah, good thing there is no copyright infringement there.

The terrors I made are amphibious, lavasafe, flying, fairly quick, come in groups of 50-100 very quick breeders... I wonder if I just gave them the Can_civ and can_learn tags, heard that makes them aggressive. Not sure though.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 02:15:31 am »

With that combination, it's the can_speak that makes them aggressive. When can_speak is gone, there will be more misunderstandings, and from those arise conflicts, which leads to war.

Can_civ and can_learn just facilitates their growth and enables sieges.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 02:19:19 am »

Yeah, that makes more sense. Hmmm, I guess I could give it a shot or do you think the orc mod would be more promising for making the game much harder?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 02:21:58 am »

You could give it a shot yourself, but I would suggest adding no_fear unless you want flying amphibious goblins. Add no_pain for an even better challenge.

Also, the biggest strength of the orcs is their breeding rate. More babies = more infantry (pun intended).

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 02:23:47 am »

good point, well I guess I'll have to use both then. =-D

Oh, OP sorry for thread hijack

Pages: 1 [2]