Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are my sleepers useless, or am I?  (Read 2147 times)

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are my sleepers useless, or am I?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 02:21:32 pm »

I think there should be an option for the Police Station so sleepers with enough influence can sabotage operations to the point where raids are harder to do, or bring fewer men. Stuff like that.

In the Court House, people's files could be mistaken. For instance, a man who is in for assault could be mixed up with a man who is in for petty theft. This kind of thing.

I suppose one could sabotage corporations, but for what purpose?

Demetrious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 02:26:22 pm »

Is it really necessary to have sleepers in these locations to publish special editions of the Guardian? You can obtain the requisite documents via looting when you infiltrate those locales, and depending on how much B&E you did in the early game, your founder is probably a god damned ninja by this point- or a Master of Disguise that could pass themselves off as a doctor while walking naked through a hospital with a stethoscope around their neck. I spend some time deliberately leveling up Disguise by walking up and down and up and down the hallways of an apartment complex, and pretty soon I can loot entire buildings bare with impunity, sniffing the delirious scent of conservative panic all the while.
I like the fact we are seriously discussing how to drop dwarfs off towers using  kittens as cushions.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 02:27:58 pm »

Probably creating scandals, 'loosing' paperwork, etc.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 03:11:53 pm »

Creating scandals is agiven, but how would losing paperwork help in any other way than giving the liberal juice? It does not particularly further any cause of the Liberal Movement.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 04:07:45 pm »

It would help if the paper work happens to be the police report regarding your latest crime.
!!&!!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 05:08:47 pm »

It would help if the paper work happens to be the police report regarding your latest crime.
Or a corporate bounty on your head.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 06:37:09 pm »

Uhm. Usually, the police are not a corporation. Obviously one can slip up paperwork in a police station for some useful purpose; but what good would similar actions be in say, the corporate HQ?

Corporate bounty is unlikely to disappear anyway, considering the widespread media attention that usually causes the bounty. Do you think employees will "lose" the last three weeks of media for everyone in the company?

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 06:38:53 pm »

Uhm. Usually, the police are not a corporation. Obviously one can slip up paperwork in a police station for some useful purpose; but what good would similar actions be in say, the corporate HQ?

Corporate bounty is unlikely to disappear anyway, considering the widespread media attention that usually causes the bounty. Do you think employees will "lose" the last three weeks of media for everyone in the company?
I was saying that the *paperwork* would be the bounty. In addition, a secretary, etc. could be the one sending out the bounties, so losing them *would* have use.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 06:53:55 pm »

{{DELETED}}
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 09:45:21 am »

I think there should be an option for the Police Station so sleepers with enough influence can sabotage operations to the point where raids are harder to do, or bring fewer men. Stuff like that.

In the Court House, people's files could be mistaken. For instance, a man who is in for assault could be mixed up with a man who is in for petty theft. This kind of thing.

oops sorry chief didn't know my safety was off.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 09:59:33 am »

oops sorry chief didn't know my safety was off.
Heh, `accidental' police brutality.
Pages: 1 [2]