Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random World Request  (Read 841 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Random World Request
« on: May 14, 2009, 06:35:08 pm »

Ive been experimenting with different fortress locations.My recent place Ive been looking for doesnt come very often and is hard to find. It is an abandoned Goblin fortress. I cant seem to generate any world with them in it, so if you got one, could you give me the world_gen parameters?

Thanks,
  TGL
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

P-Luke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random World Request
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:38:27 pm »

I'm not too well knowledged about this, but couldn't you just kill all goblins in an existing fortress during Adventurer Mode?
Although I suppose that might take a while - last time I played it I had a group of 14 adventurers only to be slain by 1 hit from my very first enemy :p

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Random World Request
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:58:36 pm »

I'm not too well knowledged about this, but couldn't you just kill all goblins in an existing fortress during Adventurer Mode?
Although I suppose that might take a while - last time I played it I had a group of 14 adventurers only to be slain by 1 hit from my very first enemy :p
A much more common fate is to go rampaging through several villages, then getting your throat torn out by a wolf.  Much more satisfying that way.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned