Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moving caged arena fodders.  (Read 684 times)

Dameleth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moving caged arena fodders.
« on: June 14, 2009, 01:24:39 pm »

Sooo... I've heard all about arena's, but I've never quite figured out. How exactly do you get the caged goblins, titans, or whatever into them? Seems if I try to transfer cage to cage they just stab the peasant and make a break for it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving caged arena fodders.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 01:34:10 pm »

My goblins never seem to escape when I try to move them.  The same can't be said for any of the other creatures I've tried to do this with.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 01:52:35 pm »

You can use the clunky system of building the cage with the goblin in it in the arena and then linking it up to a lever and then releasing the goblin via pulling the lever.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 02:01:12 pm »

The way I do it is a fairly safe way: I build an airlock using floodgates. I build the cage in the space between the two floodgates, hook it up to a lever and close the floodgate. I then pull the lever to open the cage and release it into the arena. The reason I do this in that order, is because otherwise it might be that the cage or mechanism gets under the floodgate, making it impossible for it to close.

Other people prefer to put an animal stockpile right next to the arena, designate it as an animal pit and throw the gobbos in.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Dameleth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 02:15:16 pm »

Thank you everyone for your help. Looks like I'll have a lovely arena to pit my wrestling squad in, or archers.. or annoying nobles. >=D

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 10:13:14 pm »

Yeah, as someone said, generally if you put the pit close to the cage, they can throw them in. However, thieves and megabeasts will often escape during this, so they must have their cages placed within the arena.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 01:13:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
AAA
APA
AAA
thats how I do it, A= animal stockpile set to what I want in the arena, P is a pit. the pit goes strait into the arena or sometimes in a bridged off starting area if I want my slaves to charge at each other.