Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Early King  (Read 1950 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Early King
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 06:31:17 am »

Applaud while he burns.

(I do have a maximum cluttered mechanic's workshop, after all).

Then it's long past time to tear it down are rebuild it right where it stands, i'nit?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 07:55:33 am »

(I do have a maximum cluttered mechanic's workshop, after all).

Then it's long past time to tear it down are rebuild it right where it stands, i'nit?
No. It is time to build a megaproject! After all, mech workshops only have one purpose, to make mechs. And if you got a bunch of mechs... there is no point in making more until you use what you have. Unless of course they are bauxite mechs; thats a whole nother story.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 08:28:02 am »

No. It is time to build a megaproject! After all, mech workshops only have one purpose, to make mechs. And if you got a bunch of mechs... there is no point in making more until you use what you have. Unless of course they are bauxite mechs; thats a whole nother story.

Once you have a bunch of mechs, you can train up mech piloting, and use them to invade the elves!  even better, bauxite mechs are fireproof, so you can skimp a little with the heat sinks...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 12:18:12 pm by Mount »

nirodragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Nirodragon cancels sleep: Interrupted by DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 11:45:34 am »

Once you have a bunch of mechs, you can train up mech piloting, and use them to invade the elves!  even better, bauxite mechs are fireprrof, so you can skimp a little with the heat sinks...
That would be the most epic feature ever.
Urist McMiner cancels Mine: Taking a dump
Urist McMiner was disgusted by a miasma lately

I can't believe I just went there...

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 12:00:22 pm »

That is the most dwarven method I've heard of to dispose of nobles. I am torn between applauding and burning the elven-loving traitor.

How's he an elf-loving traitor? He sold a noble to the elves. I can imagine those hippies being annoyed constantly by some purple dwarf shouting for 10 rock items.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 04:42:55 pm »

Or even better yet, demanding 10 WOOD items
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 05:02:07 pm »

How about trading a Noble and a Hammerer?  If they build the wood items, they siege themselves.  If they don't, Hammertime.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 07:50:25 pm »

<image of dwarf with gold lame GCS silk balloon pants>

<shudders>

Earth Striker Lurin

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Go to Work...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 08:29:48 pm »

Cage = 20 dwarf bucks.
Mech = 10 dwarf bucks.
Trading Post = free with stone laying around.
------------------------------------------
Not having to ever talk to nobles again?  = Priceless.

There are somethings money can buy, for everything else, there's slavery.
"So I looked to the left of me, looked to the right of me, raised the giant's severed arm above my head and said 'Let's go to work...'"   -- Lurin Diamondfist relating the time he had to mine without a pick axe.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 09:02:47 pm »

do dwarves actually cost something? would be pretty cool if they were priced according to their skills.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 04:12:36 am »

I didn't check. I'm pretty sure he was worth something. Or maybe it was just the cage.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 07:39:18 am »

i am laughing so hard. neruz, you are my hero. forever.

and i really do wonder how the game will deal with that. can you check the legends screen? do things you sell to caravans even get tracked after they leave in the current version?

also i endorse the suggestion of using the mined out adamantium areas to make fast royal quarters. ive lost a fair few kings from being unable to get them quarters fast enough, it only seems to take sleeping in the mud once to send them over the edge. also artifact anything that is placeable should be good to increase room value.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 02:42:52 pm »

When magma isn't the answer, Obsidian can be - when I don't have gold or better I dig odd shapped rooms out of the obsidian around the magma, higher quality in smaller space than with rock.
Pages: 1 [2]