Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most artifacts you've ever gotten in a single fortress?  (Read 673 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Most artifacts you've ever gotten in a single fortress?
« on: May 10, 2009, 09:10:01 pm »

I just got my 20th one (late winter of ninth year), and I'm still regularily getting 2, sometimes 3 artifacts a year.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Most artifacts you've ever gotten in a single fortress?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:58:58 pm »

That's well below max average pace - do some more exploratory mining.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:16:22 pm »

Well, naturally, this depends heavily on fortress age. I wonder how many artifacts are at Flarechannel and Tormy's 120 year fortress he sometimes talks about.

I think I've gotten around thirty before I move on to other fortresses out of boredom.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 05:20:05 pm »

That's well below max average pace - do some more exploratory mining.

I assure you, I have likely done enough mining for years to come, and I'm still doing quite a bit of it. I've dug the inside of a tower that goes about three-fourths of the way up a 100-level-tall mountain (and of course there's many other places I've dug into), and I've had a good start on the outside of the tower now.

Nay, my problem lies in the lack of wealth, production, and industry; I have so many dwarves as miners, masons (I think I have 16 of these, actually; I'll have to draft some of the next migrant wave so my projects don't fall behind) and engravers, I only have enough left over to make what I need to survive, keep my dwarves happy, and arm my military. Hell, a recent birth pushed me up to 120 dwarves and I still haven't met the requirements for a baron yet.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:22:55 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.