Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Foresthold  (Read 3478 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Foresthold
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 03:48:07 am »

I did record myself dropping a cat down the 21-level fall.  Not the best recording, cause a freaking goblin theif shows up near the end, but it shows the functionality.  The video can be found here.

Nice.  Totally not how I anticipated a cat would explode.  Thanks for that.

I think I may add the severonbreaks tag to my cats... would it make things a little more... messy?  As it is, most of the little pieces and chunks tend to stay where they land, with only a couple small bits flying off in random directions.

Actually, now that I think about it, would adding severonbreaks have much of an effect on goblins?  I mean, it's not like they'll be resting to let their broken limbs heal anyways, so why not let them decorate my roads with them?  Or would it make them even easier to kill?
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 12:15:30 pm »

Severed limbs bleed out, broken limbs don't.

(You having trouble killing gobbos?)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2009, 03:06:24 pm »

Severed limbs bleed out, broken limbs don't.

(You having trouble killing gobbos?)

Oh well.

Nah, they're actually a little easy as it is, I think I might try the orc mod with my next fortress.  At the moment, my military consists of eleven dwarves that can regularly slaughter a siege.  I've got one squad of five legendary melee dwarves, with various weapons, and two squads that each have two legendary marksdwarves with a legendary wrestler for protection.  If something did manage to get past that, they'd run into my 20-strong fortress and royal guards, each of which currently has about 10 legendary wrestlers...

I may give them the tag whenever I'm not actually fighting them, so I can drop the extras into my pit.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 01:17:33 pm »

Update!

Ten years old now, and it's ever-so-slightly different from where I started :P

Only one pic this time, of my new dining hall, underground.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also customized the floor tiles, replaced my old walls with the diagonal ones, and then edited those to replace the black background with a floor, which I think looks a lot better.  If anyone wants it, let me know.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 04:02:51 pm »

gief tileset  ;) the curved walls looks great.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 05:14:52 pm »

Just got the tileset up.

Clicky

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 05:24:51 pm »

nice, thanks
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 09:17:58 am »

It's on the wiki now too.

Unfortunately, I'm down to about 20FPS on average, so I may play another year or two, so I can finish the Great Hall, but I'll probably try starting a new fortress then.
Pages: 1 2 [3]