Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Orc Mod Overdose  (Read 4539 times)

Lesconrads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Mod Overdose
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 12:45:47 pm »

Do you have dwarven wimminz?
Maybe you could try to let them multiply and then kill dem orkses!

You just have to stay alive for some dozen years until you have the army. aaand feed them in the meantime.

GOGO DORFS!

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 12:46:27 pm »

Yeah, that'd probably happen.  How high would you have to build it to avoid that?
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 02:09:30 pm »

without getting constant Suspension because they shit theyre pants?
Build it 10z above them and you won't get suspension alerts. Bonus points for making a cube to drop on them instead and fill it with magma
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 02:53:09 pm »

probably more as they will still see as far up as they do forward so you maybe should put it a crossbowlenght above them, dont know how much that is.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Aethios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 04:06:49 pm »

probably more as they will still see as far up as they do forward

Which begs the question...

If the orcs shoot and their arrows fall short, will they fall straight back down and hit the orcs in the face? I'm guessing no, but would be an endless source of entertainment if they do.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 04:12:48 pm »

it will become an ''ITEM'' which does not hurt when it goes thru them same as if you drop a stone on them it lands on them but theyre not hurt.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 04:15:20 pm »

it will become an ''ITEM'' which does not hurt when it goes thru them same as if you drop a stone on them it lands on them but theyre not hurt.
Then I guess the only solution that remains is to collapse an assload of glass onto their heads.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 04:16:28 pm »

hmmm maybe.... hollow out 20z-levels under them too and they will get a glass block in theyre head and fall that long. that'll do to keep them dead.

nirodragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Nirodragon cancels sleep: Interrupted by DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 05:33:01 pm »

I feel saddened now that the fort fell apart shortly after that last update.  The orcs left, and were quickly replaced by humans.  They were pissed because their caravan and liaison had been killed (by orcs, by the way).  This particular instance of this fort is long since gone.  I have, however, started another on an identical map (saved the gen data :D).  It's going rather interestingly, to be honest.  Two dead dwarves, but a larger fortress this time around and I think I might actually see some immigrants before year 99999.
Urist McMiner cancels Mine: Taking a dump
Urist McMiner was disgusted by a miasma lately

I can't believe I just went there...

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 10:01:47 am »

Next time, if you find yourself sealed in against orcs and need to build out to them to rain bolts on their heads, use bridges. The mason won't get scared until the end of the platform is close enough for your marksdwarves to open fire.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.
Pages: 1 [2]