Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d9] collapsed sandbank changes to rock  (Read 628 times)

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d9] collapsed sandbank changes to rock
« on: May 05, 2009, 07:09:21 am »

it seems every time i try to do a megaproject, i encounter a bug that stops me from continuing.

im trying to build a pillar city withing the center of an enlarged magma pipe.   everything was going well until i  decided to collapse the 3 layers of sand i preserved up top of the magma pipe down onto the entire layer of constructed wall tiles to catch the layer of sand so i can have some farmland inside the spire.

the three layers colapsed as planned, got caught on the wall layer and thus stacked above it...    but heres the bug.

i went to holow out the sand layer so i could place farms there, and instead of generating sand layers, it generated felsite flooring.   did it for all three layers that had been colapsed.

possibly related to #000719, in which a plot turns collapsed sand into stone

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d9] collapsed sandbank changes to rock
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:54:53 am »

If it's not a constructed floor, you can still muddy it to make farmland. Doesn't help you get sand, but it's better than nothing.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 03:23:34 pm »

im well aware of that, but this is a hot biome and im in a desert.    water evaporates from the murky pond tiles before it even reaches level 2

i can still continue my project, its just not gonna be the same...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:15:16 pm »

If it's not a constructed floor, you can still muddy it to make farmland. Doesn't help you get sand, but it's better than nothing.

I've muddied and built farms on constructed floors before.

GOLD floors. Over a pit. I was curious, so I tested it, and it works.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Belathus

• Bay Watcher
  • huzzah for home automation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:20:07 pm »

I've seen this, too.  Collapsing sand deep underground, where obsidian used to be.  Grass grew, at first, but after some time, it magically turned to obsidian.  I was disappointed.
Nothing to see here.