Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Get well soon.  (Read 4681 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Get well soon.
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 08:04:17 am »

Cats can see in the dark if there's some sort of light source around, they only need alot less light then we do to actually see, but they don't have night vision :P , its odd that he can't smell toady though, maybe he has trouble associating the big shadow in the pitch black room with toady's smell?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 01:14:12 pm »

We must make an engraving of this.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
Re: Normally I don't sleep at night
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 02:05:14 pm »

Okay, but what's up with Scamps?  ;D ->
"Apparently, if the lights are off and it is night time so that it is pitch black (as it is in my room at night), Scamps doesn't really recognize me and will hiss at me until I say something. So much for that sense of smell. Normally I don't sleep at night so I didn't notice."

I thought that cats can see in the dark just like the dogs...not to mention -like Toady has mentioned it also- their sense of smell.  ???
I think cats are good with hearing and sight, not so much with smell

Cats eyes are closer to that of humans and some cats also have rather poor eyesight (Siamese don't)

They however do have a much stronger sense of smell then we do. My best guess is they arn't bothered by smell as much as people are (likely because we are trained to be repulsed by the lightest of smells...)

Not really, feline and canine eye have a special reflective membrane behind their rectina (something human doesn't have) which gives their retina double exposure to light, allowing them to see better in low light condition (probably not pitch black).
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 02:16:51 pm »

We must make an engraving of this.

The toad is making a plaintive gesture.  The kitten is striking a menacing pose.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 01:18:20 am »

Footkerchief has engraved a masterpiece!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 08:24:59 am »

The irony would be if sick toady vomitted on the engraving.... sending Footkerchief into blind rage!

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 09:31:53 am »

No No, an engraving would be more...

El Sethbap, "The Greeness of Vomit"

On the wall is a finely designed image of Tarn Toadyone the human and 'Scamps' the kitten. Tarn is confused, 'Scamps' looks terrified. The artwork relates to the discovery of Tarn Toadyone by 'Scamps' in the dark apartment in the late spring of 2009.

Kidding aside, I hope your recovery so far isn't going to be set back by something unforseen and that catching the flu or whatever now means you won't need to worry about catching it for a good few years to come.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 04:06:48 pm »

Cats can see in the dark if there's some sort of light source around, they only need alot less light then we do to actually see, but they don't have night vision :P , its odd that he can't smell toady though, maybe he has trouble associating the big shadow in the pitch black room with toady's smell?

Actually even creatures with nightvision can't actually see in Pitchblack conditions.

Though not all Cats even have good sight in the dark.

As for the sense of smell... Cats only have it 9 (or 6) times greater. I don't think that is great enough for identification over a short distance unless Toady really smells unique.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:33:01 pm by Neonivek »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 04:45:39 pm »

I hope the only water source in the area isn't a carp filled river.  Get well soon!
Pages: 1 2 [3]