Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: odd "hotkey" like problem  (Read 527 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
odd "hotkey" like problem
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:38:24 pm »

Something wierd has just happened, for some reason instead of press shift/ctrl 5 to go up or down I just have to hit shift or ctrl. In a way this is nice but now I can't do the thing where you press shift and an arrow key to move the view around faster. I'm not sure how this happened, I've tried copying the interface files from other dwarf fortress folders I've got but it keeps returning the this odd short cut. An even wierder thing is that it works as normal for the first few seconds then goes to the new short cut thing.

I'm using the civ forge mod with 40d11 and the only things I did since last time I played was copy the folder to my usb drive and changed the image routes (I'm using the mini graphics pack that was released for this mod) so that it was all going to the mayday folder, I never touched anything related to the interface. Any ideas?

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Re: odd "hotkey" like problem
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:15:01 am »

sounds like a built in short cut to windows... Something called sticky keys, it happens when you hit the shift or ctrl button 5 times in rapid succession. Basically allows you to use any button without shift as long as you only click one button at a time.

However your case is different in that you only have to push shift or ctrl, also I think this should be under Bug Problems instead of modding.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 06:55:19 pm »

I think I've narrowed the issue down to the 40d11 version because I copied my save to a 40d version with the mod and it was fine. I'm thinking that when I was copying the 40d11 to my usb some file may have at least partially corrupted. Anyone have any idea how to fix this besides maybe a clean install?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 07:46:16 pm »

You can replace the textfile that holds all your keybindings. Hold on, I'll go get a fresh one for you.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 07:48:41 pm »

EDIT: It's a bit too large to copy/paste easily.

If you still have the zipfile, you can extract again and put the data/init/interface.txt from the fresh folder into the same place in your old folder.

If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably have to do a fresh install (which you've just done anyway) and apply your mods, graphics, and save into your new folder.

If THAT doesn't fix it, it's likely a problem with your computer or keyboard.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 07:56:06 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 08:01:09 pm »

EDIT: It's a bit too large to copy/paste easily.

If you still have the zipfile, you can extract again and put the data/init/interface.txt from the fresh folder into the same place in your old folder.

If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably have to do a fresh install (which you've just done anyway) and apply your mods, graphics, and save into your new folder.

If THAT doesn't fix it, it's likely a problem with your computer or keyboard.
I've tried replacing the interface.txt but I haven't done the fresh install, at this point I think thats what I'll try.

edit: well it appears the fresh install worked, something must have altered when I copied it to the usb because there was one point where it told me there wasn't enough room and had to do it over *shrug*. Anyway I wasn't sure about posting it in bug forum since it may of had to do with the 40d11 version which, technecally, I see as having not to do with toady.

edit 2: scratch that, went back to accually play and it started to do it again. I likely has to do with the save file doing something to the game yet the regular DF (non 11) seems to be completely fine even with the same save file. So its either the save, the init file (copied that from previous game), or the tileset files somehow partially corupting. At this point I'll wait till tommarrow to do some more testing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:17:18 pm by userpay »