Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [33c] Broker will not trade  (Read 1696 times)

md5i

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[33c] Broker will not trade
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »

My broker is not taking the "Trade at Depot" job.  She would rather sit around with "No Job" instead.  She traded with the dwarves last season...maybe she just doesn't like elves?

Save game: dfbroker.tar.gz

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
Re: [33c] Broker will not trade
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »

You need to select the option at the depot for someone to come trade. Are you sure you simply didn't forget to do that?
I am on a hot streak... literally.

md5i

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire:
<STRONG>You need to select the option at the depot for someone to come trade. Are you sure you simply didn't forget to do that?</STRONG>

I am very certain.  The job appears in the job menu.

Lazer Bomb

• Bay Watcher
  • Sine! Cosine! TANGENT!
    • View Profile
    • Homepage 60☼
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:58:00 pm »

What I did was I toggled the "anyone can trade" for a second with the guy near it. Then i put it back when he started trading.
Kagus: "Still, demonic spelunking is always a promising idea."

teethering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 10:02:45 pm »

I see this same issue in 40d.  The trader displays as No Job even when he's requested.

The workaround posted above seems to help.  When I switch to 'anyone can trade' and someone else takes up the job and then I switch back to 'only broker can trade' then the real trader decides to go to the depot.

Indra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 02:54:17 pm »

Various considerations for the unwilling designated Dwarven Trader:

1. Check if the dwarf is actually assigned as a trade (assesible through the nobles page, default "n").
2. Check if merchants are actually trading at the trade depot. This can be found out by clicking on the trade depot.
3. Check if trade depot is accepting the designated broker or anyone as the trader. This can be found out by clicking on the trade depot.
4. Check to see if the trade depot is forbidden or materials to create the trade depot (e.g. obsidian blocks) is forbidden. Note: Usually, a message will indicate if a structure is forbidden or not.
5. Check if the trade depot is accessible: Make sure stairs, ramps in the process of being removed, doors are accesible, etc. Also for caravans, to check if they can access them, press default key Ctrl D (I think).
6. Make sure designated trade dwarf has his/her other tasks disabled (such as stockpiling items, stone, etc.)
7. Make sure that not too many items are being hauled to/from the trade port, as the trader might assist in this endevour.
8. If trade depot is located outside, make sure all dwarves are allowed to go outside.
9. Make sure no hostile enemies or creatures are near depot.
10. Make sure you only have 1 accesible trade. More than 1 trade depot sometimes get a little buggy.
11. Make sure you actually HAVE A TRADE DEPOT!!! :)

teethering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 06:09:20 pm »

Various considerations for the unwilling designated Dwarven Trader:

1. Check if the dwarf is actually assigned as a trade (assesible through the nobles page, default "n").
2. Check if merchants are actually trading at the trade depot. This can be found out by clicking on the trade depot.
3. Check if trade depot is accepting the designated broker or anyone as the trader. This can be found out by clicking on the trade depot.
4. Check to see if the trade depot is forbidden or materials to create the trade depot (e.g. obsidian blocks) is forbidden. Note: Usually, a message will indicate if a structure is forbidden or not.
5. Check if the trade depot is accessible: Make sure stairs, ramps in the process of being removed, doors are accesible, etc. Also for caravans, to check if they can access them, press default key Ctrl D (I think).
6. Make sure designated trade dwarf has his/her other tasks disabled (such as stockpiling items, stone, etc.)
7. Make sure that not too many items are being hauled to/from the trade port, as the trader might assist in this endevour.
8. If trade depot is located outside, make sure all dwarves are allowed to go outside.
9. Make sure no hostile enemies or creatures are near depot.
10. Make sure you only have 1 accesible trade. More than 1 trade depot sometimes get a little buggy.
11. Make sure you actually HAVE A TRADE DEPOT!!! :)

Could you read the post before replying to it?

Might actually make it helpful.

All of what you said is obviously ruled out in what I stated.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 10:07:49 am »

@ teethering: Did your trader just finish conducting a meeting?  Sometimes it seems to take a little while for him to realize that the meeting is actually over, even though he says "no job".
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Indra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 01:07:48 pm »

All of what you said is obviously ruled out in what I stated.
With all due respect, sir. Different gamers seem to experience similar but different bugs during gameplay. Never hurts to be helpful for the passerby dwarf and provide various possibilities for future reference.

teethering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 03:33:00 pm »

@ teethering: Did your trader just finish conducting a meeting?  Sometimes it seems to take a little while for him to realize that the meeting is actually over, even though he says "no job".

That still sounds like a bug though.  Especially since he ended up missing the caravan altogether.  If it said "taking a break" or something like that then I get that.  But he clearly has a job, he can't possibly think there's nothing in his queue unless something somewhere got broken.

The weird thing is that after I loaded the game from a save the next day I cannot reproduce the issue anymore.  Everything is normal.  There are no gaps of the trader saying he's got "no job" when he's requested at the depot.