Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I think I did something wrong...  (Read 541 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
I think I did something wrong...
« on: May 16, 2009, 06:04:42 pm »

Okay, so I modded in some new metals and stone and stuff. Then, on the embark screen, I tried using site finder, but it just made the game crash.

Then, upon trying the manual site finding, I noticed that things were being repeated, like having granite twice. It also said weird things about the location or the brook or whatever being a soil layer, often repeated a lot. I had a site where the volcano name was mentioned five times as a soil layer. Then I decided to embark at a somewhat random location with a brook (mentioned 4 times as soil).

As I prepared for the journey, I noticed that most of the stones were missing with a value of 0, and the corresponding blocks were just called "rock blocks." Finally, one of the metals I modded in, which had the [DEEP] tag, was appearing with a value of -29 thousand something for all sorts of things like picks, cages, and crossbows. When I finished looking at the weirdness, I embarked.

Everything looked mostly normal, there was a brook, grass, boulders, mountains, but the ground was flashing through every kind of rock that was missing from the embark screen. Also, the walls of the mountain were just called "rock." When I tried to mine, my miners did absolutely nothing.

Then I decided to build some buildings. That was done with the rock I brought with me, but the grass vanished instantly and was replaced by the rainbow ground. Despite the fact that I could survive until the caravan arrived, I abandoned.

What causes this to happen?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: I think I did something wrong...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 06:10:49 pm »

A 1000000th time this I ask, young padawan.
What tell it does your errorlog.txt, say to Yoda?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 06:13:34 pm »

Errorlog? I did not even know there was one...
Checking now.

EDIT: It says there are duplicates...
Despite the awesome insanity, I will correct it now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 06:25:51 pm »

Well, I think you've just forgot to change some stone's name when you copy-pasted entries to change. You see, every entry should have unique name, or strange things happen.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 06:37:22 pm »

Yeah, I copied adamantine as the base for my new metal and forgot to change the name.

There were also some duplicate reactions from Impaler's Metals that I didn't notice.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 07:54:07 pm »

Are you sure you didn't mod in [BAD_ACID_TRIPS] to the Dwarf entry?  :P
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme