Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strangest goblin tower EVER.  (Read 1424 times)

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strangest goblin tower EVER.
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:03:57 pm »

Here it is.
Yep, that's a bunch of goblins, a few dwarves, and an ELF. To top it off, the local leader is a farmer, of the dwarf civ, and the goblins are part of it too actually, I'm assuming the elf is too, since I JUST embarked, but I'm going to collapse the tower. If anybody wants the world, I'll find the seed. Standard gen options too...
Edit: Also, the High Priest is also a Goblin Drunk, and the elf is a priestess... for the goblins?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:07:02 pm by Shad0wyone »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Strangest goblin tower EVER.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:16:33 pm »

Here it is.
Yep, that's a bunch of goblins, a few dwarves, and an ELF. To top it off, the local leader is a farmer, of the dwarf civ, and the goblins are part of it too actually, I'm assuming the elf is too, since I JUST embarked, but I'm going to collapse the tower. If anybody wants the world, I'll find the seed. Standard gen options too...
Edit: Also, the High Priest is also a Goblin Drunk, and the elf is a priestess... for the goblins?
Let's see how deep you can plunge the entire tower.

How deep can you dig?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:42:15 pm »

You have not seen weird until you find one where the top floor is in a pit at least five z-levels deep.

Also, goblin towers that are more dwarf than goblin.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 01:51:32 pm »

I once visited a goblin tower that had been at war for pretty much 200 years. It had one demon and about 5 goblins. Then; hundreds and hundreds of elves, all legendary in fighting skills. Master dwarf thieves, elite elven wrestlers and prisoners all jostling for positions in the crowded tower. The entire priest hood, from what I could see, was elven. The best part was that an elven druid had asked me to visit this tower to assassinate the one goblin leader there. While looking for him I met a friendly demon who suggested I assassinate a druid instead. My allegiances changed quickly.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:13:20 pm »

I once visited a goblin tower that had been at war for pretty much 200 years. It had one demon and about 5 goblins. Then; hundreds and hundreds of elves, all legendary in fighting skills. Master dwarf thieves, elite elven wrestlers and prisoners all jostling for positions in the crowded tower. The entire priest hood, from what I could see, was elven. The best part was that an elven druid had asked me to visit this tower to assassinate the one goblin leader there. While looking for him I met a friendly demon who suggested I assassinate a druid instead. My allegiances changed quickly.

You win.

ZergSpartan

• Bay Watcher
  • OH GOD BEES
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 04:40:50 pm »

Do you have an water source?
I made a "Fortress" in a "Friendly" tower once, every underground z-level was converted into a giant cistern.
The tower was then sealed, pumps were made ready...
At the throw of a lever I found the answer to the question I had arrived with.

Could I drown nearly two hundred beings in the span of a second?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Yeah. My plan was to drop some kittens into the siege, and have my dwarves freefall into battle, landing on top of the kittens. The plan was kinda dumb though because the kittens were standing on grates, and the goblins killed them with arrows just as I was releasing the freefalling dwarves. So the dwarves weren't able to land on kittens and just fell and died."