Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod: Rise of the Dracans  (Read 809 times)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Mod: Rise of the Dracans
« on: May 02, 2009, 05:29:04 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=990

Rise of the Dracans is basically a compilation of mods that I have put in myself along with mods either inspired by other mods.

0.1 Includes:
   New Civs:
      Dracans Playable race
      Orcs evil race
      Drow (Dark Elves) not evil, but not good either
   New/Edited Monsters:
      Basilisk
      Dragon
      Rune Collosus
   Items:
      Dracan, Orc, Dwarf, and Elf Specific
   Botony:
      Underground crops were taken out, adds a bit of challenge to the game and a good bit of realism in the game. As far as I know, crops can't grown underground away from the sun.
   Ores/Metals:
      Magnetite has been modded so it is easier to find. This was done to help make armor and balance the game a bit since the armor would be needed for all the fighting needed. Along with a few other hidden secrets added into it.
      Mithril is weaker than Adamant, but easier to find.
      Runite stronger than Adamant, however the ore is easy to find. Making the bars however make present a challenge

This mod is still being built up and there may be some balance issues. For the most part however, it was made to add a bit of challenge to the game along with fun at the same time. The graphics have been taken from many different Tiles sets and if the creators of the tile sets would like me to pull them from the mod, I will.

The Dracans and Drows do not have a graphics set of their own yet. Dracans are using the Humans tile set currently, the Drows aren't using one what-so-ever. My lack of any artistic skill is the main block here, so any help in that area would be much appreciated ^_^.

I'm also looking for new creature and Item ideas ^_^.

Thanks To:
   Rysith for Inspiration to the Orc mod with his "Orcs:More things to kill" mod and some tips on how to make edit them.
   Rochndil for putting some Ore based ideas in my head with his "Metals and Minerals Overhaul"
Artists:
   RantingRodent
   Sphr
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 05:46:14 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.