Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Olonkulet?  (Read 554 times)

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Olonkulet?
« on: April 20, 2009, 08:55:32 pm »

recently ive been reading through the community threads and such, and i keep hearing mentions of a place called Olonkulet.  ive done some searching around and havent seen any clear answers so i decided to post here.

all i really wanna know is: what IS Olonkulet? and why does it keep popping up? is it an old community fort? or what?

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Olonkulet?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:15:34 pm »

I think it originated in this thread... Only 4 results come up when searching, and that one is the most detailed in regards to it.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:20:36 pm »

yea, thats where i think i first saw about it. i was wondering if its some old in-joke or some ancient community fort. all i can kinda deduce is that it had alot of machine things in it.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:57:37 am »

Hate to perform thread necromancy, but it was I who invented Olonkulet. Unfortunately it never existed, which becomes slightly obvious when you see that it was supposed to contain things well beyond the scope of Dwarf Fortress, such as steam power and multi-tile moving objects.
I invented it as a good backstory for an engineer, and after I used it a few times it got a few references in the odd community game.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.