Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayday Graphic Problems  (Read 852 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Mayday Graphic Problems
« on: April 27, 2009, 12:44:09 pm »

Ok, I downloaded the mayday graphic set and now I can;t get the screen right, The display is all out of sync. Any help?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday Graphic Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:44:21 pm »

Make it be in sync.

That's not really a clear enough description of the problem. Are things squashed? Do you see the screen flickering back and forth between old images? Do words have weird blobs attached?
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 05:35:56 pm »

You really need to explain things better when you ask questions, Hobo.  It's damn hard to do anything to help you whenever you just say, "Somethings wrong.  What I do?"

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 12:27:18 pm »

Ok, the display seems to be a few milimetres out of the display window. and how can I sync it?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 03:06:47 pm »

What is your screen resolution?
<3

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:46:14 pm »

Does this happen in fullscreen or windowed mode? This is pretty much a common problem with it. If it doesn't work, change the .init's res. settings for windowed/fullscreen (depending on what isn't working) and change it to your monitors resolution.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:15:49 am »

WOW WOW WOW. How do I find my screen resoultion? It won;t runn in full screen although the windowed mode takes up the enitre screen anyway. And what do I do in the init res file?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 10:36:15 am »

How do I find my screen resoultion?
You're kidding, right?

(One way would be... rightclick desktop then go properties/settings.)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 11:31:34 am »

So how do I fix it?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 04:36:46 am »

If it refuses to start in fullscreen mode then most likely your monitor is too small to display it. You need to find a tileset with smaller graphics, as 16px icons require at least 1280px horizontally.
<3