Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d9] siege bugs  (Read 752 times)

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d9] siege bugs
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:15:31 pm »

im playing 40d9 with the orc mod, the sergal mod, and a custom species.

this bug has nothing to do with my mods, rather what i did.

the orcs are by default set to automatically siege every time.   first siege wiped out my starting 7, and thus i had to reclaim.      now, when i reclaimed, the remaining orcs were listed as friendly...   that was the first bug.

second bug: ok, several years passed, i managed to take out the sieges as they came, except one squad always managed to escape.     finally i set up a series of locked doors to seal the siegers in so my marksmen can take them out and non escaped.

so i killed every last orc this time....     but its now been two years since ive seen an orc...   they stopped sieging me because nobody escaped?

also, third bug.    i broke the magma on the original embark...   but when i reclaimed, i cant build any marma buildings without using tweak's magma building enable.      ive re-gen'd this world and embarked there so many times i know exactly where everything is...    trying to set up a perfect fortress.

edit: nevermind about that, they finally sieged me again.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:12:04 pm by Drakis »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
Re: [40d9] siege bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:52:01 pm »

Both are known bugs. Any civ creatures on a site that you embark on will automatically be friendly. Magma buildings cannot be built upon reclaim in a fortress that has already discovered magma. Both should be fixed next release.