Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civilization screen and wars.  (Read 2738 times)

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civilization screen and wars.
« on: October 31, 2011, 03:32:05 pm »

So, on the screen of view civs, there's a small P or W on the side, that changes. I assume this shows all the civs relations to each other....which prompts some questions. First of all, the dwarves appear to be peaceful with the goblins, does this mean I'll no longer be attacked by the gobs?

And, secondly, I had a human diplomat die while here, and a siege followed. Yet, now they are coming to trade....I'm confused...anybody have any idea what happened?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Civilization screen and wars.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:28 pm »

Goblins are always hostile due to having the babysnatcher tag.  Even if the civilization says you're at peace with them, they'll attack you.

Wars with the humans or elves usually only last a year, then they start sending caravans again.  The humans should also send another diplomat to ask you to agree to peace, but I find the caravan doesn't even wait for your answer before it comes and trades with you again.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:45:33 pm »

"Peaceful" does not mean "on good terms" or even "will not invade on a yearly basis". It only means "Not At War." I have the Fortress Defense mod, and all the races I've encountered are at "peace" with each other except for putrid blendecs, which everyone hates. Nasty goat-skull-headed vermin.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:33:26 pm »

"Peaceful" does not mean "on good terms" or even "will not invade on a yearly basis". It only means "Not At War." I have the Fortress Defense mod, and all the races I've encountered are at "peace" with each other except for putrid blendecs, which everyone hates. Nasty goat-skull-headed vermin.
BTW about that mod. Do blendec's sieges fight other sieges? I liked that mod, it made game much more interesting, but after I started having 4 simultaneous sieges with 80+ soldiers each (including furries and fire imps) I had to abandon.

Rhymer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 06:29:51 pm »

BTW about that mod. Do blendec's sieges fight other sieges? I liked that mod, it made game much more interesting, but after I started having 4 simultaneous sieges with 80+ soldiers each (including furries and fire imps) I had to abandon.

I once had some tigermen slaughter about three times their number in dark stranglers. The civ screen said they were at war with each other. I assume they attack another race if the civs are at war.
Magma + rooms is what little dwarf girls do at home. Real dwarfs would drown that mason with honey badgers