Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Artifact and Stupid Cats  (Read 683 times)

Icarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First Artifact and Stupid Cats
« on: April 28, 2009, 07:21:24 am »

I heavily modded my game this embark. Enabled Orcs mod and made goblins and kobolds attack more often and stronger. To offset this I of course modified my embark screen to have adamantine (2000 Dwarf Points a Bar, thinking of upping it) End of year 2, my armorsmith gets a mood and creates an adamantine plate mail. Nothing too fancy, just has dog leather on it. Will make the upcoming sieges more interesting.
Also, all the cat's I embarked with decided to try and take on the GCS at the other end of the map. My food stores are flooded with vermin but no one seems to mind. Odd.

nirodragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Nirodragon cancels sleep: Interrupted by DF.
    • View Profile
Re: First Artifact and Stupid Cats
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:11:07 pm »

... modified my embark screen to have adamantine (2000 Dwarf Points a Bar, thinking of upping it) ...

How do you get 2000 points in the first place?  Embark with just the one bar and no skills or tools?
Urist McMiner cancels Mine: Taking a dump
Urist McMiner was disgusted by a miasma lately

I can't believe I just went there...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 02:34:37 pm »

Wow, you appear to have one of the only fortress not flooded with cats.  I have to apply my butcher and cage liberally just to control the buggers (at least it's a change from my dwarves' normal diet of turtley turtle with minced beer and wine biscuits).  Immigrants bring em in, so you should hopefully regain a breeding population.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 04:46:31 pm »

Wow, you appear to have one of the only fortress not flooded with cats.  I have to apply my butcher and cage liberally just to control the buggers (at least it's a change from my dwarves' normal diet of turtley turtle with minced beer and wine biscuits).  Immigrants bring em in, so you should hopefully regain a breeding population.

My current fort is also suspiciously cat-free; I haven't even had to build a cage to store the spares. Which is ironic, because I've got tons of dogs, and way back when I first embarked, one of my breeding pair immediately got killed by a bear, and I actually had to ask merchants for dogs..
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!