Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: moved due to fail - Quick artifact question  (Read 1114 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: moved due to fail - Quick artifact question
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 08:44:39 pm »

Oh, that's right, damnit. Well, he just chose a rather inopportune time to breach some HFS and now my FPS is 2. But in future versions? Artifact picks should be at least as useful as regular picks :P

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 09:31:31 pm »

Picks are worth like 70% base damage but experience with them is so easy to get- legendary miner champions defending with picks seems viable, at least vs vanilla sieges.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 12:16:06 am »

Y'see, that would work, except for the whole champion part.

Bah! Details! Always with the negative waves, Moriarty! Always with the negative waves!  ;D

azazel

• Bay Watcher
  • Department of Redundancy Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 12:22:57 am »

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning. Think the bridge will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there. Ok?
マグマキッド

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 09:11:52 am »

Oh, that's right, damnit. Well, he just chose a rather inopportune time to breach some HFS and now my FPS is 2. But in future versions? Artifact picks should be at least as useful as regular picks :P

Do fill us in on the details. Epic tales of fortress destruction enrich the forum greatly.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 05:09:20 pm »

Herm, to get a soldier to wield a pick, you have to set his weapon preferences to unarmed, and then you need to enable the mining labor. Even as a soldier. This is a problem if you have a champion wrestler.

Do fill us in on the details. Epic tales of fortress destruction enrich the forum greatly.

Agreed. Losing is fun, after all.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 08:11:51 pm »

Well, it's not like he breached it at a hilariously inopportune moment or anything.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And so goes the story of Metalcell. Has anyone else noticed the demons tendency to spare one or two critically wounded dwarves? I always seem to end up with two resting craftdwarves surrounded by melancholy elves after all stuff like this goes down.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:20:15 pm by kinseti »

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 09:15:12 pm »

Herm, to get a soldier to wield a pick, you have to set his weapon preferences to unarmed, and then you need to enable the mining labor. Even as a soldier. This is a problem if you have a champion wrestler.
Hmmm - good to know, thnx!  I always figured that "unarmed" would be... you know...

But if you have a Legendary miner (and even one great pick!), that could make up for a lot!  Esp if you have no other military at the time.
Pages: 1 [2]